If your kids are like my kids they love Mac & Cheese!! Check out this fun Mac & Cheese play-doh activity. A free recipe is included!
This site may contain affiliate links to products. I may receive a small commission (at no extra costs to you) for purchases made through these links.
Mac & Cheese Play-Doh Recipe
Optional: Breadcrumbs and Foam Balls.
1. Have your child open the box of Mac & Cheese and take out the sauce. Save the pasta for playing.
2. Boil the water and add the Mac & Cheese Sauce.
3. Meanwhile, mix all the dry ingredients.
4. Then, add the oil to the mixture.
5. When water with the sauce is hot add it to the mixture. Please do this step and not your child.
6. Mix well with a cooking spoon. (again caution hot!)
7. When cool mix the play-doh well again. Add a bit of flour if too sticky.
8. Have Fun!
- Your child can use the pasta for the play-doh and then count it.
- Your child can spell his/her name out with the pasta.
- Your child can decorate the play-doh with the foam balls.
- Your child can create an animal with the pasta.
As you can see above, my child created a bowl of Mac&Cheese. 😉 She loved to sprinkle the breadcrumbs on the pasta at the end. Then, she created a worm and counted the pasta she used.
All of these activities are a great way to support your child and his/her fine motor skills. I also find parents to have a lot of fun with play-doh and to show their child their own creativity. Using play-doh is a wonderful family activity!